4/18/09

Our local markets - The Chicken Survey

My mom and I have been calling our local markets to see where their meat (particularly chicken) comes from.

Fowle's Market - Bell and Evans and "regular cheaper chicken" (factory raised)

Shaw's - "the usual sources". I asked if they new how the chickens were raised "No". "Is Always Grade A Fresh. Meets USDA Requirements for wholesomeness. Arrives daily at our stores. Comes only from suppliers who meet our demanding standard "We do carry Wild Oats Brand" - Wild Harvest brand is a Supervalu brand...

The Butchery-

Tendercrop Farm - I went to visit there farm. Their chickens are very well cared for. If you are going to eat chicken meat I would recommend you buy it from Tendercrop. I will post pictures later.

Market Basket -

No comments:

Pinterest