10/14/09

grass-fed-eggs.com"


What are Grass-Fed Eggs?

"Okay, I admit it: eggs don't eat grass! In fact, they don't eat anything. "Grass-fed eggs" are eggs from grass-fed chickens: that is, happy outdoor chickens that have free range over an area rich in green growing plants.

This is the kind of flock that people like to think about, and it's the kind of egg they want to eat.

Hens can't survive on grass alone, but they like grass, and eating it makes their eggs noticeably tastier and more nutritious. Besides, if you've seen a pasture-raised flock, you know that this is the way it's supposed to be. Nutrition, flavor, aesthetics, sustainability, nostalgia -- grass-fed eggs have it all. You want to live in a world where your eggs come from these chickens."

3 comments:

HappyHumansEatHealthyVeggies said...

Good day-O,

I read your guest blog about happy chickens, and I think that there is something your Mom might have left out of the information she gave you. Real food, something someone who is ProFood would eat, wouldn't be harmful to eat, I think we both agree. Pesticides, artificial colors, hormones-all to be avoided by the ProFooder. But the cholesterol and saturated fat in animal products, like eggs and milk, contribute to or cause many diseases. Coronary Heart Disease, Cancer, Diabetes, MS, and many more. I think someone who is ProFood would avoid eating animal products, too. Plus, who wants to eat placenta and embryotic fluid (eggs)? Ick. Do some research about the adverse health effects of milk and eggs...I think if health is a concern, animal products are to be avoided.

Orren Fox said...

Thank you for your comment. I am a vegetarian, but I do love chocolate milk. I guess I do the best I can. Hey at least I'm not eating other stuff, right.

Frank Sinarta said...

Orren,

What kinds of proteins do you feed your chickens? And my girls just started laying eggs, I've got oyster shells for them but what about other source for calcium. I went on Backyardchickens.com come and got a list but would love to know what you feed your crew.

Thanks!!
Angie from Old Hickory Tennessee

Pinterest