6/25/14

Bee The Change. I believe we can all make a difference.

BEE THE CHANGE!
Please consider a donation
http://tinyurl.com/beethechange

This summer, my friend Piper and I are traveling almost 8,000 miles to Surkhet, Nepal. Surkhet is nestled in the foothills of the Himalayas, and is home to our friend, Maggie Doyne, her 44 children, and the school she and her team built for 350 of the region's children (Kopila Valley Home and School). Maggie is the founder and executive director of the BlinkNow Foundation. BlinkNow is the sole provider of funding for Kopila Valley Home and School.

Piper and I will be working with the children at Kopila Valley, and helping Maggie any way she needs us.

Before I leave for Nepal, my dream is to raise $10,000 dollars for Maggie and her amazing team at Kopila Valley to sustain and grow their home, school and community.

$10,000 is a big goal, but I know with your help we can make it happen! Every donation helps, no matter how large or small. 100% of your donation is tax deductible and will go directly to help support BlinkNow, a registered 501(C)(3) charity.

When Maggie and I met at the DoLectures USA we dreamed a little about bees at Kopila. At the time it seemed to be simply that, a dream. Well, now it's a reality. This summer we will help Kopila start a bee program (and Piper, who is an amazing guitar player will be helping with the arts program).

Here is the wonderful note Maggie wrote to me:
"Orren, I'd like to offer you one of our Summer Sustainability Fellowships. After hearing your Do Lecture I haven't been able to get bees off the brain :) We could really use your expertise in setting up some hives at Kopila. I'd also like you to work with the Kopila kids on educating them about beekeeping, chickens and work along their side to set up a coop on our new campus."

I named my campaign BEE THE CHANGE, because I believe that we can all make a difference. Thank you friends and family for being the change with me.

To learn more about Maggie:
Read this New York Times cover story featuring Maggie and her project.
Watch her DoLecture
Explore the BlinkNow website.

To learn more about me:
Read this magazine piece in Edible Boston, and watch my video.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I adore this article for its well-researched content and great wording. thanks !You did it so much well. I love to see more about gb whatsapp pro. Keep sharing and updating.

yes said...

Nice post,Thanks for sharing a great articles.This article is beneficial for us.I also love this article. forelink hub It's very hard to find nowadays to know about the basics but you did it so much well.Thanks for sharing.Thank You.

Pinterest